Monday, January 16, 2006

I was so looking forward to coming to work and asking for ½ a day off...until I got to my desk this morning and noticed my voice mail button lit up on the phone. I dialed in and heard the heart crushing news...my co-worker would be out, which meant I would need to stay here all day. The weekend was great, and I had high hopes of making it last just one more day.

It was a "catch up with old friends weekend."...and it was really nice. The great thing about old friends is that they truly know you, so there is no need for explanations. You can busy for a month and or six...call an old friend and pick up right where you left off. I reflected a lot upon my friendships this weekend. It's so odd how different we all are yet we have this mutual respect and understanding. Sure, we stomp on each others' hearts every once in a while, but wounds have a way of healing and gaps close with little to no effort. A conversation with an old friend is so natural and easy...like tying a shoe lace. You don't have to hide behind walls or masks, hiding who you are in fear of judgment.

Anyway, all good weekends must come to an end. I must remain behind this screen for another 4.5 hours. I'm going to make head gear out of paperclips...designed to help hold my eyelids up. wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you HAVE to flog your headgear sue! haha