Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Refocusing on the Vision...

I made a pact with the Billmeister that we'd start working on writing. I'm not going to say "writing our books" because at this point, if I hammer out a short story, I'll be quite satisfied. I have no idea what happened to my imagination or flow of creativity, but is no longer anywhere to be found. Hopefully regular "critique me" meetups with Billy will get me back in gear.

It took me 2 years to write my first book and a 1 year to publish. In the beginning, I never even dreamed of publishing. It was just something fun to do and let my friends read. Now, I feel all sorts of pressure to write another. It's been almost 2 years since the first one published and I haven't even made attempts to write another. Bleh.

Things need to change this year. I need to get back to the things that I love and stop stressing over the things that I can not change. I guess I'll just have to start getting tough with myself...like I did about the weight loss. No pain, no gain.

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

no pain, no gain is right:)good luck with the writing! and ps what abt lost last nite????? you need to be on im so we can discuss:)