Friday, January 13, 2006

My good friend and neighbor, the Illustrious Finuji has pointed out to me on more than one occasion that her husband and I are just alike. I don't know about "just alike" but we do share some similar traits and opinions. The funy think is..I noticed most of my girlfriends have married men who share a lot my interests, opinions, and characteristics. I'm not sure how to explain this...but it's strange on many levels. Strange that a buncha guys are a lot like me...strange that I'm like a buncha guys...strange that my closest friends married guys who oddly enough, remind them of me!

One thing Sheryl always give me a hard time about is my taste in music. She's never heard of groups like Depeche Mode and Pet Shop Boys. The thought of listening to my jams makes her yawn and want to change into her jammies. But then she goes and marries Sujith...who talks about the same bands I talk about. We have the same taste in music...share the love of deep and meaningful conversations...and abhor Sheryl's ghetto supasta qualities.

Sonia's Mattie is very much like me too. If I explain why, he'll just get mad and say that I'm ruining his image. Let's just say it has nothing to do with fixing cars and everything to do with Martha Stewart.

Julie's Derrick is even like me in a very odd way. We have a lot of clothes that are identically the same. This is mainly because I wore guys tshirts for the majority of my life.

I guess Finu thinks Rog is like me because we both hate palappam...we're not huggers, we're more of a "punchya in the arm and say hello" type...and we both have been known to crack a funny a time or two.

Anyhoo...it's becoming a bit alarming as to how similar I am to the boys. Hmm...if I really think about it...It's the boys who brought me into this circle of friends...I only had 2 malu gal pals growing up...but then after going to school with the boys, I became one of them...and slowly but surely, the girls caught on that I wasn't so dorky after all. So, don't assume, I hang out with girly guys...it's more like under all this new-found favorite color pink...I'm a tomboy at heart.

4 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

how can you hate palappam?! that's just unmalayalee!!! :)

Anonymous said...

PALAPPAM RULES!!!!!! =D palappam and chicken curry.....mmmmm...DEE-LEE-CIOUS!!

cookiemonsta said...

oh my! I love palappam also.. especially if the frills are all crispy!

When i come to OK, I am going to jump on you and give you the biggest hug ever, sleep over and have palappam in the morning :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love martha stewart, I wear boy t-shirts. I punch arms. Awesome.