Friday, January 06, 2006

Ahhh, thank God it's Friday!!! Why is it that this short week seemed longer than a long week? Maybe I'm just an in-great...but, I need more time off to make up for the sheer exhaustion of having time off. =/ I'm in unusually good spirits today. I attribute my giddyness to finding a wonderful group of people to pray with on a weekly basis. I never realized what a difference it makes, but it surely does. Things don't seem so bleek when you take it to the Lord in prayer.

Anyway, I guess since it's Friday...it's time to bust out with the 06 version of Friday Shoutoutz!!!...(not that it's any different than the 05 version...but just play along!)

1. To my dog Mousse...the past month has been an adjustment for the both of us. I certainly wasn't used to caring for another living being for more than a few hours at a time. But she has taught me a lot about having responbility. I now plan my day around her...waking up early to make sure she gets out and gets fed, getting home to put her to sleep, staying at home more often to play with her and hug her and say "good girl" in my hick accent. I love her when she sleeps while I'm on the computer, and I can hear the lull of her snore...and when she meets me at the garage door right when I get home from work...and when she comes out of her kennel in the morning and jumps on me all the way to the back door, so I'll pet her. I love her most when she lets me hug her and scruff her ears.

2. To Glade Air Wisps...I have tried everything to make my house smell like apple pie. Everytime I go to Billy and Val's house I'm met with the scent sensation of warm apple pie. Val always tells me that it's candles, but candles never do the trick at my house. I've determined that this is because of the stench of masala and cardmom from my mother's cooking that lingers on every stick of cloth furniture and every piece of my clothing. So, I decided to invest in some Air Wisps. I LOVE them. I love them so much that I bought one for the room, the entry way, the kitchen, and my office at work. At 6$ a pop, I consider them a bargain, considering that's how much a candle costs and these are way more effective. It's potent, but not potent enough to combat the smell of spices in the kitchen, but they work fabulously everywhere else. I always get compliments at the office and proudly point to my Air Wisp.

3. To Belle/Jasmine Reese Ko#$@#$@#$+. I don't think she'll ever learn to spell her last name. =) Welcome to the circle of friends with pups. Mousse and I look forward to meeting you. If you promise not to be a "princess", Mousse promises not to pummel you (like she's looking forward to do to Coco Chanel)

4. To my BF...just cuz I'm missing her extra-specially much right now. Life would be 10 more times the fun if I could drive over to house to discuss social excursions and seek clothes and make up advice. She's a drill sergeant when it comes to me looking my best. "straighten your hair, put on lotion, take off that sweater!"...ahh, i miss you, Sergeant BF!

5. To Lerner New York for having a great sale!...i got 4 things for 50 bucks!

6. To Sherika Jenkins James, my Boo, and Sunu A for dragging me to the most anointed prayer group I've ever been to! I think I've not only found new friends for 06...but the spiritual guidance I've been looking for!

And that wraps it up, folks...have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: