Friday, June 29, 2007

And I heard a voice, saying "Build an ark!"

I'm not sure if this is the voice of God, or the voices in my head...but something is telling me that an ark should be built soon. It has rained for 16 days straight. I'm not going to complain. I'm not going to whine. I'm just gonna say if the Lord wants to wash away Oklahoma and wants mankind to start over again...does it really need to take THIS long??

My dress fitting was canceled last night. Mo, my tailor, isn't quite ready for me to try it on yet....which is fine. I have re-scheduled for next month when my BF is in town. She's been complaining that she hasn't gotten to do any wedding-related duties with me. Since this is a big one, she should be fairly happy. So, all's well that ends well.

I have no thrilling plans for the weekend...except waiting by the phone for BF's conference update. The pente conference is going on this weekend...and I'm sure she'll spot someone or something interesting! My goal for the weekend is to finish centerpiece/favors. I have a mere 138 left to go! Then, I need to transport all of them out of my house and into other houses, so I can have room to move! The cousins and BF are coming into town next weekend for my "friends" shower....so I've gotta clean up the place before they get lost in the abyss of pink and yellow hell!!...and I just got an email from a former co-worker, who said the girls at AF are throwing me a shower in a few weeks as well! Wow, I'm totally feeling loved! =) yeehaw!

All wedding stuff aside...I think this is going to be a very slow work day...It's 9:30 and the phone hasn't rang once. So, I might try to write a short story. We'll see how far that I get with that. Rojen asked what I do that requires mathemetical skills. I'm an aeronautical engineer for NASA. It is my job to calculate the latidunal longitude of the wing span of the shuttle. HA! Ok, I'm a funder for a bank's mortgage loan dept. The math I do, is quite elementary...addition and subtraction...but since i'm severly math retarded...even simple math is a challenge. =)

Have a great weekend, rat racers.

4 comments:

kovoor36 said...

have a good weekend!! bing is at pcnak. maybe bf will spot him:)

Anonymous said...

ooh u went the last PCNAK in Tx with girls didn't you? I remember the story of that appachan and sheryl. wow one yr flew by! Have a nice wknd. I have work :(

Anonymous said...

are any of your oklahomians going to dallas for a pente wedding next wknd? bc i'll be there for that wedding;)... just curious!
and um... hm, if u think an ark should be built - build one! it helped noah out;)

Sue V. said...

nope, jaic...no one i know is going to a pente wedding next weekend. who is it? my shower is next weekend...so everyone i know will be there. ;)