Tuesday, November 27, 2007

No Christmas Tree...No Christmas Tree...

The Thomas home is lacking Christmas cheer. I, for one, think it's due to not having a Christmas tree. Matt, on the other hand, doesn't seem to understand what all the hype is about. He thinks trees are over-priced, ornaments are unneccessary, and lights are a waste of electricity. Although, he's given me the heads up to buy one if I really find it necessary.

I initially wanted a tree for him. Since it's his first Christmas here in the States, I thought it should be replete with a tree, stockings, eggnog, fruitcake, and the whole nine. However, his lack of enthusiasm has me conviced that he doesn't really care about the whole nine.

So, I'm left to make this decision on my own. Do I really want to buy a tree this year? Due to our very strict budget, I can't buy one of those $100+ dollar ones that are pre-lit and magnificent...instead, I'd have to buy a $35-50$ one with chincy ornaments. To buy or not to buy?...that is the question!

6 comments:

happy roy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
happy roy said...

i realized that my previous comment didn't any sense, so here it goes again:

i think you should buy whatever tree is within your budget and somewhat cheaper ornaments. then you can have enough money left over to buy one special ornament for your first year of marriage. for each year of marriage and family, you can add another nice ornament to signify that new year.

is that corny? probably but i'm a cornball. these are the kinds of things i plan to do so that when i have kids and they're older, they can appreciate how our family has grown over the years.

Anonymous said...

I think you should buy a bottle of Jack and drink the entire thing with Matt. I guarantee the both of you will be filled with alot of spirit and won't even notice the missing Christmas tree..

kovoor36 said...

hahahha to ben!! but i kinda agree with julie, go with a smaller budgeted tree and decorations and get a first xmas ornament and keep buying another ornament together every year! itll bea nice tradition!!

Scorps1027 said...

i defly do think you should get a tree. firstly, because it's yours and matt's first xmas together and a tree does totally give you that xmas-y feeling. of course, i'm saying this and i haven't gotten a tree for the past 2 years since i've been married. i keep telling myeslf i'll do it when i have a kid!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you totally need to get a tree!!!! You are guys are just starting out, and those are memories you will have forever!!! By the way our house is totally decorated and you need to stop by and see it!!!!