Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Okc through Sibil's eyes...

For the past two night Scorps has been telling me that Oklahoma isn't THAT bad. She's here from New York on business and staying at the newly remodeled Skirvin Hotel. I tend to think that the fancy digs where she's staying and the fact that she's only here for 3 days and then gets to go back to the great state of New York might be the reason as to why she hasn't found this place as repulsive as most people do.

It's been interesting seeing Oklahoma through Scorp's eyes and listening to her point out positive aspects of the City:
1. The people are friendly- I only realize how friendly Oklahomans are when I find myself ordering coffee from Starbucks in the middle of Manhattan. No one stops to chitchat...they take your order, bark the amount you owe, and yell out that your order's ready. Only then do I take the time to appreciate my neighborhood barrista who greets me with a smile and a warm "hello."
2. It's a quaint city- I've never thought of OKC as being quaint. Small, yes. Boring, definitely. Dead, at times. But, quaint...never.

Ok. so far she's only pointed out 2 things. Tonight I take her to Bricktown...so maybe she'll muster up a few more positive things to add to the list. I'll report back tomorrow with pictures!

4 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

i really do like oklahoma city!! i'm off to the musuem of art today and i'm very excited:) can't wait for bricktown!

Anonymous said...

I also love Oklahoma. I grew up in OKC and I love everything about it. I still loves to visit OKC every chance I get. May be beacause I have sisters and bro living there and also the fact that my parents are buried there.

kovoor36 said...

shes making me want to come and visit!!:)

Anonymous said...

i liked OKC also :) People are SUPER nice!! i miss them all.. and u sue!