Friday, January 25, 2008

Bleh...

When I woke up this morning, I had a sneaky suspicion that today was going to be a bad day. And sure enough, it has been...

It started this morning when I woke up early to make my boss a birthday cake. The box called for 3 eggs, and I only had 2. I made it any way...I mean really...how much difference can one little egg make?? Apparently a lot. I made two layers, and the first layer just crumbled. I tried to glue it together with chocolate frosting but that didn't work. So, I went to Walmart to buy a cake...causing me to be late to work.

I dropped the cake off, and then rushed out the door for my eye doctor appointment. My cornea is wearing away, and I've been putting off surgery, so I wanted to see if the situation was getting any worse. Sure enough...it is...but, the doctor suggested hard, rigid, gas permeable lenses. She said it would protect the cornea and help it from getting thinner at an alarming rate...with out surgery. It's definitely a better option...however, i'm the chick who freaks out when someone puts drops in my eyes. I have no idea how I'm going to stick a hard lens in it. Thankfully, Terrence has offered to put them in my eyes for the first few weeks...I hope I don't spazz out causing me to flail my arms and accidently smack her. =/ All that aside...it was just my luck that insurance doesn't cover contacs...and so 100% comes out of my empty pockets. =(

When I returned to work I was all sad and weepy...I was telling the girls my woes as I was signing my boss's birthday card. Apparently I wasn't paying attention to what I wrote...but he was very quick to point out that I wrote "happy birthday to the greatest boss in the whole WORD." Now he's following me around saying "Wordddd..." like he's the real slim shady. Sheesh...cut me some slack, man.

Tonight I'm going to see either Cloverfield or 27 dresses with the girls...and then tomorrow it's back for some more fun at BOC. It should be prohibited to work on Saturdays. =/ bleh.
Happy weekend to the rest of ya...

2 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

Go see 27 Dresses it'll defly put a smile on your face after a long day of heartbreak.

kovoor36 said...

sorry to hear you have to work tomorrow! and good luck with the whole eye thing!!