Thursday, January 03, 2008

NYC, baby...

Matt and I spent most of our time in Yonkers, but on Sunday, we took the train to the city. The map behind us became our close friend and companion for the next 2 days!! Me and Matt on the tour bus. Oh wait...that ain't me. ;)

Here's me. Don't I look excited? *Staicy, STOP laughing!* Apparently, she found it quite amusing to picture me on a tour bus.

Me and Matt on top of the Empire State Building. It took us about 3 hours to get the top...which ate up our day!! But once we got up there...it sure was beautiful!

The lovely city from atop the ESB
Matt was able to reunite with his best friend from childhood's big sister (Susan Aunty), who is now settled in Staten Island. On day 2, she was kind enough to show us a lot of the sites we didn't get to see on the bus...she made a much better tour guide if you ask me...and she was FREE!

Lady Liberty in all her glory....
We learned a lot 9/11...including that this was the root of a tree that survived the blasts.
She also told us the miraculous story about the beams that fell from the building in the shape of a cross...

A look at what's going on at Ground Zero now....the onset of what I'm sure will be an amazing memorial to all those who lost their lives.
A bit of OKC in NYC
St. Patrick's Cathedral...no matter how many times I see it...it's always breathtaking.
Me lighting a candle and saying a prayer on the last day of 2007...for blessings and peace for 2008
The site I've been waiting to see my entire life!!!...The tree in Rockefeller! It's as beautiful as I imagined!
Me and Matt grabbing the Wall Street bull by it's horns...
teeheehee...I couldn't resist this shot!
And I end...with balls of another kind!!!!!!!! =)

4 comments:

kovoor36 said...

great pix! looks liek you had a fab time!

Anonymous said...

Poo you were soo close to where i work in midtown!! And those red balls mean you were super close to the famous "chicken and rice" guy!! Please tell me you had some!
-Staicy

Sue V. said...

don't u worry, staic..i wouldn't have left nyc with out chicken and rice. it was D to the licious!

Anonymous said...

We can tell you and Matt had a great time. I hope you post more pictures soon!!!