Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hi there...

I realized that the strangest things annoy me...for instance, the lovely, sweet lady who sits next to me at the office. She does this thing...this really annoying thing...every day her husband calls and they go through this annoying schpeel. I know the schpeel because if I answer the call for some reason he goes through the schpeel with me.

The schpeel:
Her: Hi there
Him: Hello there
Her: HI there.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. It's the last "hi there" that drives me loco. I mean seriously that Hi there Hello there could go on forever if someone doesn't put an end to it. I wish she would emulate my phone conversations:

Me: Hello
Sunu: Hey
Me: What's up?

Do you see how that opens up the door for further communication instead of a repeptive cycle of hi there/hello there. What's worse is...when her husband does it to me.

Me: Hello
Him: Hi there
Me: akward silence

I'm sorry I REFUSE to say hello there again. Clearly, I said hello when I picked up the phone initially. So what kind of effect does this conversation have on me? Well, I used to really like this guy...the husband...but now, if he calls and I answer, I'm immediately rolling my eyes. Like grrrrrrrrrrrrr...I don't want to talk to this guy today and go through the schpeel!

I realize that my fuse gets shorter by the hour...and I really need a vacation or a very strong dosage of a chill pill before I go postal and unleash my frustrations out on innocent, FRIENDLY, unsuspecting victims...pray for me.

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

at least its friday?? next time say, how YOU doin' ala joey from friends! maybe that will make him stop!!:)

Anonymous said...

do you know where the term "going postal" comes from? EDMOND OKLAHOMA!!! some guy went gun happy at a po...crazy, huh? check it out on the internet!
p.s. this blog made me laugh...you're too funny.

Sue V. said...

Yah, I remember that. It happened when I was a kid...I guess you're too young to remember.