Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My mom's sick. This isn't an enjoyable time for me. This is when the 60 year old acts worse than a 6 year old. She expects to be catered to and babied. Houston, we have a problem. I don't remember ever being babied when I was sick as a kid. Therefore, I don't know how to baby sick people. Thus, the reason I'm not a nurse. I vividly remember driving home from work when I was in college and stopping twice to barf. This was really bad considering I lived approximately 5 minutes away from work. After I got home, BF came to visit me in my sick condition and had to get me Sprite...because the maternal unit was too busy in the kitchen to cater to my sickly needs.

But when she gets sick...it's a different story...She gets extra annoying . She cries about everything. Wahhhh...Mousse jumped on me. Wahhh...the trash is full. Wahh...my daughter didn't call to check on me. Seriously, Lord...Please heal her because I can't take much more of this. Her sickness plus the impending heat problem is about to push me over the edge

Every day after work, I take the long route home. I know, I'm mean...a terrible daughter. blah, blah, blah. But, I just abhor whininess...and my mom has PhD in it.

3 comments:

Soulsysta said...

sounds like the female version of my dad - when he's sick the man turns into the biggest baby ever!
(hands down)

and my mom - well, she puts her PhD in Whinyness to good use on a daily basis.

heck, so do i for that matter ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL i loved ur lil prayer for her healing :)

and yeah, im with jana...this sounds like my dad totally (and sometimes me, but im my mama's baby so i have a right! he's a grown a$$ man!)

aww poo give her some lovin like you do moussey :)

kovoor36 said...

hehe, i turn into that, no one else really.... i dont live at home and when i get sick, i request my mom bring me all the essentials and hold me until im well and if she doesnt i go into a tantrum that she doesnt love me enough/anymore..... works everytime:)