Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I feel like I'm working on so many things at one time, which has been fairly hard for me to handle. I've been working on my budget/finances, losing weight, growing out my hair (which might not sound like a task for some, but certainly is for me), writing more, reading more, finding a new job, etc, etc...

With everything that's going on...I simply love when I discover things that can help me kill two birds with one stone. My good friend and neighbor, the Illustrious Finuji and I went grocery shopping a few weeks. In our quest to find the cheapest grocery store to help us with our new found budgets, we tried out Crest Foods. I'm not quite sure the prices are as rock bottom as they claim for them to be...Walmart seems quite a bit more affordable. However, Finuji introduced me to Michelina's low-cal frozen meals that are only 98 cents!! I bought it out of pure cheapness...who could pass up the thought of spending 5 bucks a WEEK on lunch? typically people spend 5$ a day! I thought surely they would taste like cow dung or something comparable...

but they are actually pretty dern good. Now buying a lean cuisine or smart one for 2.50 is a splurge...only for special occasions. Of course, the serving size is enough to feed a small human with very little appetite...but it's nothing that a bag of baked/low calorie lays on the side can't fix.

It just occurred to me that I'm blogging about cheap frozen food. what has my life come to if I find this subject matter exciting?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually used to eat Michelina's during undergrad and thought it was alright. I'm not a big fan of frozen meals, which is probably why I didnt absolutely love it. But it's definitely a great investment. Total money saver! And its pretty filling!!

kovoor36 said...

that is exciting, im looking out for michelinas!!!