Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bloggers are like onions...we have layers.

Encouraging Word:
The true bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. John 6:33 NLT

I was listening to Joey and Heather (morning show dj's) this morning on the drive to work...and they were talking about the fights they've gotten into with their friends and family regarding the show. Apparently people don't understand that the morning show is a SHOW and that the way they are on the show doesn't really depict their true day to day selves.

I was immediately reminded of the "flogo/blogosphere." It's funny how people can read someone's blog/flog and decide whether they are your fan or foe. I will be the first to admit that these websites are definitely a reflection of one's self. However, that's all it really is...a reflection.

I think that humans have so many layers...it's impossible to completely figure someone out through their writings on a website. I know that what I portray on my blog is real, however it's definitely just one side of me. It's the side that my friends and family know, however if I was to walk down the street and be approached by someone who happened to read my blog, I would not come off as the same Sue from Suevee's blog. I'd be really shy and a bit socially akward. =/

So, I guess what I'm saying is that when you read blogs/flogs...take it merely as a source of entertainment. The people you are looking at and reading about are 3 dimensional and are probably have a lot more depth to them than what you are seeing. We are just here to express ourselves to the best of our ability and entertain you. ;)
http://www.myheritage.com

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

i think the glasses throws yours off! i think i have done this before with a pic of my glasses on and i got eddie murphy. pssh!

Anonymous said...

It took me a second to realize that line is from the movie Shrek. Pretty witty sue! :)