Thursday, November 16, 2006

A shout out to my friends...

Encouraging Word:
Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? … Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Philippians 2:1-2 NLT

I talked to a few friends last night that I haven't talked to in a looooooong time. It's not like there is any sort of bad blood between us whatsoever...but that both of those friends have moved on to a different phase in life. And sadly, the new phases doesn't allow them much quality time with friends. But, what I appreciate is the fact that although it might have been a year or more since we've spoken, we were able to pick up right where we left off. And that's always a nice feeling.

Both people expressed to me that they miss the friendship...not just mine, but our "group" of friends. They both said that they haven't been able to find a group of friends like ours...people who genuinely care, aren't hung up on what you've got or how much you've got, and who accept the good along with the bad with out being judgmental.

Listening to them, I realize how good I've got it. I'm really thankful for my friends...I know that I can call on them at a minute's notice and they'll be right over to help me, I can let my pony-tail down and be myself, which often includes snorting at inopportune times...and they won't judge me for it...and if i need to cry, they're strong for me when I need them to be and then hang up and cry for me too. Most importantly, I know they pray for me with out ceasing.

Anyways, it's not national friends' day or anything, but I just wanted to take a minute to appreciate all of mine....I'm glad things like "phases" don't phase us. ;)

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

hehe its nice when you can do that with old but good friends, isnt it??

cookiemonsta said...

wow these updates didn't come up on my bloglines at all. i am pissed. i missed all your posts. nowi am catching up!