Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving Eve...

Encouraging Word:
Praise the LORD with melodies on the lyre; make music for him on the ten-stringed harp. Sing a new song of praise to him; play skillfully on the harp, and sing with joy. Ps 33:2-3

My initial plan was to do a little bit of nothing today, but that plan was scrapped this morning when I logged on to my email and received a list of "to do's." So, I will begin tackling my list as soon as I post my blog (lest I receive an email from a certain New Yorker complaining about my lack of a blog post) ;)

Since it is the eve of Thanksgiving...I thought I would share my list of what I'm thankful for...The past few months have been a bit rough, but if I dwell on the negatives, I'll end up losing focus on all the positives...and will miss the meaning of Thanksgiving all together. That being said... I am thankful for:

The job I always complain about. It may be a bit mind numbing at times, but it's provided me with stability for 7 years.

The people in my life...who selflessly go out of their way to help me, cheer me up, make me laugh, and keep me on my toes.

My lovely niece and handsome nephews...They're growing up now...but the memory of holding them till they fell asleep when they were babies are most cherished.

Last but not least...i'm thankful to God for showing me that even in the bleakest of situations...He is in control...and with Him there is always hope!

Now...I have some pictures to share. I'm not completely finished with the apartment...but I figured I could post what I've done with the place so far for my cousin Sue...since her email doesn't seem to accept my pictures...


The entry way. I got the nifty little wall hanging for 14$. Can't beat that!


My kitchen. Note the incredibly cute teapot above the stove. It was a gift from BF's mom...It goes well with my "colorful cafe" theme


My countertop...note my mini Christmas tree?


My bare living room...and God send of a TV...courtesy Billy! Sheryl bought me a beautiful mirror to put my living room, but I need a stud finder and a stud to come help me hang it up. ;)


My steal-of-a-deal couch!


The dining table where I eat my meals alone! (one IS the loneliest number!)


I've always wanted these picture coasters. So, when Sunu A got them for me, I was so excited. But then came the hard part...determining what pictures to put in them. I decided to go with a retro theme. ;)

So there you have it, folks...My humble abode! Hope you all have a flabulous weekend! Eat and be merry!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe..am i the new yorker u are referring to?..
but thanks for the new post :)
have fun in florida!! i will be muy envious of you guys while im enduring this bitter cold!

Anonymous said...

awww the apt is verry cute suevee! i can't WAIT to see it in person...(btw, dec 1st works for me! and i heart italian ;))

have a safe trip and loads of fun in FL...=)

kovoor36 said...

looks great so far!! you have gotten alot done!! have a good time in sunny fl!!:)

Anonymous said...

verrry cute sue:) its nice to have your own place isnt it? i cant wait to come and stay in it...oops ijust invited myself over!:)

Anonymous said...

So, are we invited for tea when we come for Christmas to OKC?

Scorps1027 said...

the place looks so cute! i love that dining room table with all the dishes set up! i'm sure as time goes on, you will add all sorts of cute touches. hope you had a great thanksgiving!

cookiemonsta said...

sue.. i love everything about your apt already.
be careful that coat holder thingie michagi don't fall and break. Mine did.
Couch looks so cozy. I can't wait to sit on it.
I like all the nicknaks on the wall.
ooh and i see the i heart NY mug :)
can't wait to visit :)