Thursday, November 02, 2006

Much Ado About Nothing...

Encouraging Word:
The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. John 10:10 NLT

This whole "take each day as it comes" thing is getting harder and harder each day. You would think that at some point there would be a glimmer of hope, but instead things seem to get progressively worse. But, what choice do I have but to roll with the punches? Despite the many bumps and bruises.

I went with Ruby for her first fitting. It was an interesting experience...I learned a lot more than expected about the process. The little oriental lady gave us some helpful hints about moving around in a wedding dress. She said you should never step backwards or to the side...but only forwards...else you'll rip your dress. I found that to be a useful piece of knowledge considering I lack grace when moving around in anything fancy. (tis why I can't pull off saris)

I had a good chuckle the other day when I checked my post office box. I got a royalty check from my publisher. The part I chuckled about was the grand total. I guess I shouldn't be too bummed. I must admit that it's nice to know that there are actually earthlings out there who are still buying the book. I didn't go into this thinking I'd make millions...but it sure woulda been nice. ;)

Yesterday, I realized that I look Indian...and it made me happy. I figure that since I'm not skinny, don't have long, straight hair, or big eyes...people probably assume I'm Hispanic. But, yesterday I went to this gas station...and this persian man (who must have been legally blind) said, "hello beautiful lady." I looked behind me. But no one was there. ehehh...so I smiled and said Hi in return. He then asked me if I was Indian or Pakistani. I said, Indian, and he said he thought so. I took that as a compliment because I think that Indian girls...for the most part...are quite beautiful. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, you should be so proud of yourself for being a published author. That's quite an achievement!

Anonymous said...

*part of the trick behind being beautiful, is feeling beautiful* you are just lovely - good luck to you

kovoor36 said...

gettong any royalties are awesome!! and im glad you are recognizing your beauty!!:)

Anonymous said...

hi suee!!!...im baaaaackk!!!...and i just want to say that you ARE beautiful both inside and out :)

Sue V. said...

staic,
i've missed you so. i'm so happy you are back, girl! i heard you're betraying me by working in nyc. =(

i saw the wedding dvd the other night. you were a flawlessly beautiful bride and i'm a big fan of joby's dimples ;)

Anonymous said...

Take each day as it comes is such a defensive posture to take. Why not go on the offensive and give each day everything you've got.

Remember
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

God calls us more than conquerors. That doesn't sound like a take each day as it comes type of description.

Susan "the Conqueror" Varghese sounds pretty good.

Anonymous said...

why are so there so many 'anonymous' comments here? are you shame shame, puppy shame? so what if all the monkeys know your name? you made some really sweet comments. i'm sure sue/poo/peek-a-poo wouldn't mind if you shared your identity =)

more importantly, i'm just nosey. =P sawwy. =*(