Monday, November 06, 2006

F.I.A. Weekend Report...

Encouraging word:
As a wise, little cute apachen once quoted:
"God makes all things beautiful in His time."
and...as a slightly intoxicated man once said:
"Every dog has it's day."


T minus 4 days (I think...I'm not sure how this T minus stuff really works) before I move into my new place. My anonymous commenter in my previous post was quite correct...I am made to be more than a conquerer, which is exactly why I decided it was way past time to begin this quest for independence. I found a quaint, little, affordable place, which I will be moving into this Friday. Billy and Sunu A will be helping me move what little I have.

Sunu and I had the best time ever buying stuff for the apartment this weekend. It was the best weekend I've had in a very long time. We found some insanely cute plates for 1$ a piece...which will be perfect display plates for the kitchen table I'll have in a few weeks. Slowly but surely, I'll get the place furnished. It would help if IKEA was located in OKC...but no dice.

My BF-in-law was in town this weekend. It was good times...and now I can't wait for my trip to Florida in just 17 short days!! Thanks to him, I found my beloved black sweater in the trunk of Sunu's car. She tries to deny that it's mine, but when I put it on and it fit like a glove...i knew it was none other. It's been almost 2 years since the disappearance...i never thought i'd see it again. but happy days are here again. I'm wearing it today...and will wear it tomorrow...and hmm...most likely the next day. in fact, i'm never going to let it out of my sight again! Thanks, Sunu!

I had an amusing convo with Sunu A's mom last night. At least we thought it was amusing... It went a little something like this:

Sue: I'm not going to make that cake unless you have frosting for it. Do you have frosting for that cake?
Sandy: I have vaneela
Sue: vanilla?
Sandy: Yah Vaneela
Sue: You're making vanilla sound like a Malayalee girl.
Sandy: *laughing*

5 comments:

kovoor36 said...

i didnt know you were getting your own place!!! congrats!!!:)

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! You're finally get to be on your own! I'm so proud of you Poo!! =) I can't wait til you post pics of your place. I'm sure it's gonna be super duper cute =)

Anonymous said...

how awesome is THAT??? i think im going to have to take my cue from you in a couple of months, sue. it's high time i up and leave, too. is moussey coming too or no? ... i can't wait to see the pics!!! =P i am so happy for & proud of you!! :-)

Anonymous said...

congratulations sue!!..im so happy for you!
haha..and i can totally hear santhama aunty's voice saying "vaneela"...good times..

Anonymous said...

oooh a PLACE OF YOUR OWN! how fun sue :) yaaay