Monday, March 21, 2016

A little bit of this...A little bit of that...

Jeeves and I had a rather uneventful weekend.  I slept...a. lot.  Jeeves managed to get me out of the house on Sunday though...and we went out and about in search of the perfect bowtie.  My radiologist only wears bowties...and I wanted to get him one so I could give it to him on my last visit with him.   He's a bit of a quirky character...so I had to find one with just the right quirk to it.  I selected a polkadot one...go figure. After that mission was accomplished, Jeeves and I went pick up my mom from the airport.  The traffic was horrendous...and horrendous traffic makes Jeeves very angry.  I could basically see the steam coming out of his ears when suddenly I noticed his fingertips ever so gently dancing across the steering wheel.  I looked over at him and his head was swaying side to side jovially and he had a smile on his face.  His song was on...Rihanna "work work work work dirdridirdir work work work work work work"  Now I know that when I see Jeeves starting to get grumpy...I should immediately play his song.

In other news...two special people had birthdays!  First was my lil' spring baby...my niece Marissa.  It seems like just yesterday that she was a baby toddling around the house.  The sound of her little feet running up and down the hall always made me chuckle...especially when she was running around in stolen high heels at age two.  I remember coming home from work one day and finding her passed out in a laundry basket with nail polish all over her.  I loved dressing her up when she was a baby, teaching her how to tie her shoes, taking her trick or treating and throwing her birthday parties...and of course, lecturing her! In a blink of an eye she's grown...18...driving...and about to graduate high school!  She was the cutest baby girl and has grown into such a beautiful young woman!  It just happened way too fast!


Second birthday girl is my dear friend, Punu..A lot of my friends have moved out of OKC over the years...but, she's the one I happen to miss the most.  Maybe because she moved the furthest, and I never get to see her.  We went from spending every weekend together to seeing each other every couple of years.  It's tragic and I miss her dearly....especially on our birthdays, which we always used to spend together.  Happy Birthday, Punu...can't wait to see you soon!

So, today was an exciting day!  I got to hang out with my cancer buddy!  He just finished a round of chemo and was able to drive up to Houston for work.  He was kind enough to drop by and pick me up for today's treatment, and we got a chance to talk about our grueling experiences.  My buddy and his wife have been such an incredible blessing to me over the past  several months.  They have not only encouraged me to be strong, but they've also inspired me to be a better person.  I haven't met many people in this world who reach out to strangers to positively impact their lives.  I definitely have learned so much from them and can't wait to practice what I've learned as soon as this is all over.  For now, I'm so grateful that God has allowed our paths to cross...God is definitely working in both of our lives, and it has been exciting to see!

Last but not least, my girl Mousse has been having a total blast at the Palmers!  Sherry's been sending me the most insanely cute pictures that I know the blogosphere wants to see!

Prayer Requests:  Eating has becoming even more painful these days...The best way I can describe the pain is that it feels like my food is attached to a match...that's lit...it burns quite badly and nowadays it doesn't matter if it's bland or not or if it's solid or liquid.  I have to drink liquids a 1/4 of a sip at a time because I feel so much pressure if I drink more than that.  And when you're thirsty...it's really hard not to gulp.  Also, when you pray for me...please don't forget to pray for my cancer buddy, H-towns father-in-law, and my little nephew, Daniel!  

No comments: