Sunday, March 06, 2016

It's time for the rodeo!...

Those of you who know me personally definitely know that I'm not the best with directions.  I've been late to work before because I got lost in my neighborhood...THAT'S how bad I am with directions.  I could tell you story after countless story, but I'll save myself from the embarrassment.  All that being said...I realized this weekend that I'm actually figuring out my way around Houston!  This afternoon *A* took me grocery shopping...and as we were trying to get home, Waze was trying to make us turn the wrong way.  I told *A* not to listen to it because I could get us home.  Sure enough...I did.  I was so proud of myself!!!  I didn't wait for her to give me a pat on the back...I went ahead and gave myself one!  It was a pretty exciting moment.  I guess I've finally stopped kicking and screaming about being stuck in this city, relented to the fact, and now I'm making an effort to figure things out.

It's been a quiet weekend, Saturday I had lots of family visits, but I didn't leave the house at all. One question that everyone asks me is, "What do you want to eat?" The question has become quite a stressful one.  There's not much I can eat these days without struggling to swallow. Simple things that you'd assume would be easy to swallow...like yogurt...has become painful.  I have to take breaks or give up all together.  Sadly, most of the time I'm totally starving...but either feel too scared to eat and attempt swallowing or too low on energy to even try.  Eating...in general...has just become really complicated...gone are the days when it used to be fun! When you lose the ability to do something so basic, you begin to realize exactly how much you take for granted.  

In other news...it's Rodeo time here in Houston!  Which means a few things...the traffic is pretty crazy and there are great concerts in town.  Now, one would assume that only country artists are performing at the rodeo...(which I wouldn't mind because I do love me some country music too!)...however...someone awesome and amazing is going to be here Tuesday night...and *A* got us tickets!!!!!!  Now, I know a rodeo is probably not the most germ free place for a chemo patient to be...so if you're reading this and know my mom...you better not tell her!...But, this artist is one of my all time favorites, and he's going to be in Houston Tuesday night...and I'm going to be in Houston Tuesday night...and I promise to wear a mask and not touch anything or anyone...but I have to go to see him perform...YOLO (you only live once!!)  Can you guess who it is??  If you guessed Feddy Wap...that was a great guess!  And he is actually coming to the House of Blues here in Houston on Wednesday night!!!...But, alas!...Im a cancer patient and can't handle two concerts in one week.  I'm not even sure I can handle one concert in one week...but for this artist...I'm willing to try....If you're out of guesses...here's a clue......

For those of you who couldn't view the video or understand what the heck the bald lunatic (me) is saying....I'm going to see none other than Mr. Worldwide...Pitbull!!!...and you better believe that I'm SO excited!!!

No comments: