Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Weekend in Review-Easter Sunday Edition

My weekends in Houston are dwindling.  It's a bitter sweet feeling.  I can't wait to be home and off treatment for six glorious weeks, but I'll miss Houston...my quiet little home away from home, my uncles & aunts, cousins, and all the kiddos.  Tomorrow, my 1 week countdown to finishing radiation begins.  It can't be over soon enough!!  My mom and Jeeves left Friday, so I'll be flying solo on this final week.  It was so great having my mom here this past week...it's always nice having a little extra TLC!!

An oldie but a goody...me & Jeeves sharing family secrets
A special shout out to Jeeves!...today's his THIRTIETH birthday!!  I'm glad he's back home with his crew celebrating his day!  It sure was nice of him to spend two weeks of his life driving me around and keeping me company!  Even though we live in the same city...we don't spend a lot of quality time together.  This is possibly because hanging out with his older cousin isn't his idea of a good time. So, I feel like I learned some things about him during this time....
1.  He's a really good sport.  He slept on a not-so-comfortable couch, woke up at 6:45 every morning (sometimes to the lovely sound of me barfing in the bathroom), sat through family visits with people who aren't even his family...all with out complaint.
2.  He's funny!!!  He doesn't talk a whole lot...but when he does, it's typically pretty hilarious!
3.  He has impeccable taste in cereal!...We shared many-a-bowls of cinnamon toast crunch and Lactaid...and no, neither of us are lactose intolerant.  We just both discovered we really like Lactaid!
4.  He has lots of random information about celebrities.  I think he studies Wikipedia in his spare time.
5.  He is pretty good at fashion advice.  I let him pick out a pair of sandals for me.  They're a pair of flashy gold ones...he said he's all about the "flash"
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEEVES!!
Me & Jeeves at Wes's wedding!  I made him smile!
In other news, it's Easter weekend!  I had lots of visitors!!  Friday night, I didn't have time to be sad about my mom and Jeeves leaving...My cousins Mikey & Jess came to visit me with their sweet girls! 
Leah & the twins...Micah & Sarah.  Aren't they supa cute?
Saturday morning, the namesake and her kids, JP and Sophie came to dye Easter eggs...I failed to get a pic of the kids...but here are our amazing eggs.  
Clearly this was the first time we colored eggs!
Saturday afternoon, Wes & Denny came in from Dallas to spend Easter with me!  We went to church together this morning...and we just had really great quality time together!  
Me & Wes...When I see her, I realize how much I miss her!  Dallas, give me my Wes back!
Wes & Dennykins...I'm not a midget...she's wearing heels.  Ok, I am a midget...even without her heels.  Me and Denny are hair cut twins! ;)
Wes definitely knows me...the cute Easter basket she put together for me!  Replete with all my favorites...sparkly head bands (which  I will need in the future, a smelly good candle, Lindt chocolates, bright pink urban decay lip gloss, and other cute schtuff!
The message we received at church today was such a blessing.  I wanted to share a little of what I learned...A lot of times, when bad things happen, people tell you "God never gives you more than you can handle"  The pastor mentioned that phrase isn't biblical.  Bad things can happen...they will happen.  Psalms 23 says, "though I walk through the shadow of valley of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me."  In order for there to be a shadow...there must be light...and God is that light.  We will walk through dark times, but we will always have the light to guide us...we can walk through difficult times holding His nail-pierced hand.  This Easter has really been a special one for me.  I feel like I have a better understanding of Christ's sacrifice for us.  The past few weeks, I feel like God is trying to teach me about His love...not only to receive it but to share it.  Happy Easter, blogosphere!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Happy Easter!