Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Since I've been in Houston, I've been hanging out with my uncle more.  He's always challenging me with new vocabulary words...so In honor of my uncle who loves words and learning new ones...especially from the Oxford dictionary...I decided to bring back the word of the day. (We'll see how long I can keep it going)

Ollie:  (n) (In skateboarding and snowboarding) a jump performed without the aid of a takeoff ramp, executed by pushing the back foot down on the tail of the board, bringing the board off the ground.

I managed to eat two meals today...that's an improvement from yesterday.  CCL is here and sets hourly goals for me..."Finish that water by 6."  "Eat a popsicle by 7"  I never meet her goals.  In fact, she just extended one for me..."Finish that drink by the time you go to sleep."  I discovered Vita Coco with pineapple.  It's delicious and I would gulp it...if I could gulp..but at this rate, I can barely sip.  I met with my radiologist today and he said the pain and discomfort I feel is definitely not the tumor but the radiation...unfortunately it can't just kill bad cells but it kills good cells as well.   So, the mucous lining in my stomach and esophagus is gone and my stomach acids are all running amuck.  He prescribed me a new medication that might help with the stomach acid, but I'll still have problems swallowing since the lining has been damaged. Tomorrow, I meet with the surgeon and a nutritionist.  Hopefully, they can give me some tips on how to maintain weight and get through this rough patch.  Have I mentioned that radiation sucks?  Sometimes it seems like I have such a long way to go before this is all over.  Battling cancer is hard enough...but battling it when you're hungry and tired is especially difficult.

Despite all this cancer crap, CCL and I still had a pretty good day.  We made some head wraps...and created a bracelet with the extra t-shirt material.  Correction....CCL created a bracelet.  You know I don't feel good when I let someone else take the reigns on a craft project.
CCL's creative creation
In other news my lil' dude Jude and his parents are coming to see me in T minus 2 days!  I'm excited to have this quirky lil monster around...maybe he'll keep my mind off of my woes!!
Can we say like father like son?

No comments: