Monday, March 14, 2016

Weekend in Review...


WORD OF THE DAY:
Juba- a dance originating among plantation slaves in the southern US, featuring rhythmic handclapping and slapping of the thighs (I THOUGHT IT WAS AN INDIAN SHIRT...GO FIGURE)

The past week and this weekend has gone by in a flash...Although I felt crappy last week, CCL was here and she was such a great help.  She drove me to my appointments (although I had to give her directions the entire time which was shocking to both of us), kept me company, made sure I had lots of pho...and then, just as she left,  my frenemy, Merly, and my lil dude, Jude came into town to keep me company over the weekend!....and as an added bonus BF came Saturday night...and will be here till Tuesday!  It's been such a treat to have everyone here with me...I've laughed a lot!!...maybe a lil' too much!

We decided to take my lil dude, Jude to the Houston zoo Saturday since it's literally right next door.  Since I've been pretty tired as of late, I asked my frenemy, Shines to get me a wheelchair.  Because he insists on laughing at my expense, he decided not to get me a wheelchair...but instead, got me a motorized scooter!!  I'm not good with anything motorized...so it took me quite a while to figure out how to maneuver it...i had a few near misses with innocent pedestrians.  Shines & Merly especially loved it when I had to reverse and the stupid scooter beeped.  I think me on the scooter was much more entertaining to them than any animal at the zoo.  Without further adieu...pics from he weekend!

Taking Judey to the zoo might not have been our brightest idea...he didn't just want to see the animals...he wanted to join them...in their cages!!  He tried to climb in a few!!
Jude paying homage to a statue of his father.
So good to have a lil' piece of okc in houston this weekend!
A few of my faves...
So my frenemy introduced me to Bitmoji's and created one for me...I'm a little obsessed with these things!  I think it's hilarious how much it looks like me!  And if you're someone who texts me on the regular...I'm sorry in advance...cuz you'll be seeing this lil sue bitmoji popping up quite a bit!!


No comments: