Thursday, March 03, 2016

Thinking of H-town in H-town...

Tonight's post is a humble plea to the blogosphere...a prayer request for someone who is also battling against cancer.  In the past few months I have talked so much about my angel friend, H-town...but I haven't mentioned that two months after I was diagnosed with cancer, her father in-law was diagnosed with leukemia.  While I was in Okc...H-town did an amazing job of being a supportive daughter in-law and friend as she did her best to help both of us.  She would keep me company at my house...making sure I took my meds, ate, and that my house was organized to HER standards ...while simultaneously making appam and chicken curry to take to her father in-law the next morning at the hospital.  (by the way, Htown has the softest appams) That's just how she is...she never just waits for you to ask for help...she just helps before you even know you need it! I often told her to stop coming over and trying to help me....I felt like she was totally immersed in cancer and I wanted her to take a break from one of us...and surely, I would be the logical choice to take a break from.  But...she never has!

 Her father-in-law has been in the hospital since January....I can't imagine how it feels to be in the hospital for so long.  Here I am complaining about being in a different city, yet I'm free to go where I want and see my family.  Uncle and the entire family has endured so much in the past three months.  Right now, he's very sick and struggling.  I have been on both sides of cancer now...I know it sounds weird, but I think it's much harder to watch someone go through cancer than it is to actually have it.  Even as nauseating and exhausting as it is...I still think it was much harder to watch my dad suffer on a daily basis...because I knew there was absolutely nothing I could do to help him. That being said, please keep both uncle and the family in your prayers.  They need a miracle...and they need strength to get through this very difficult time.

God has truly blessed me by bringing H-town into my life so unexpectedly and at the perfect time...We had just met three months prior to me being diagnosed with cancer...and she stepped in like someone who had known me for years. I wish I could be there for her and her husband in their time of need.. as she has so graciously been here for me time and time again.  The only way I can support her now is through prayers...and ask that you all would do the same!

H-town, I'm pretty positive you're way too busy to read my blog right now....and when you do, you'll probably kill me for talking about your appams!!!  I miss you, gal!...Can't wait to come home and sit around my dining table with you and chocolate chip...just like the good ol' days!!

1 comment:

shebamm said...

Love H-Town....she's seriously the best.