Monday, November 14, 2005



aplomb \uh-PLOM\, noun:
Assurance of manner or of action; self-possession; confidence; coolness

Because of her training and skill she was very aplomb.

Is it jsut me or do Mondays come around so quickly? The good thing about this week is that I only have one more day before my vacation. So technically, this is my Thursday and tomorrow is Friday! Yeehaw. I would have loved to know about my job situation prior to leaving, however at this rate, I don't really think I'll know anything till after Thanksgiving. I will survive.

I don't think I was at home for more than 5 minutes on Saturday, which was A-ok with me. Sunday was jam packed too, but I was able to make a run to Blockbuster last night and rent a really heart-wrenching documentary. It's called "Born into Brothels." It's basically the story of a photographer who spent time in Calcutta's Red Light District...with children of prostitutes. She taught them everything about photography, and raised grant money by selling their pictures in art gallery showings. It was absolutely awesome...how art changed their lives...if even for a brief moment. It gave them hope. If you haven't watched it, please rent it!

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

lucky you abt to go on vacay!! toby has that documentary, now i will have to watch it!! after i watch last weeks lost of course:)

Anonymous said...

yea sue i 've been waiting to watch this movie