Wednesday, November 02, 2005

How to make a brotha blush...

subfusc \sub-FUHSK\, adjective:
Dark or dull in color; drab, dusky.

Sentence: During the winter months, I resort to wearing subfusc colors.

It's Wednesday, weigh in Wednesday, and I'm crazy nervous. I'm not sure why, but my scale showed that I gained weight. Could it be my wool skirt? I hope so. In other news...I have no other news, per se. A funny incident did occur in the elevator this morning that I would like to share.

I was in the elevator with an older woman (gray hair and in her late 50's) and a young, rather attractive black man who was dressed to the nines today. In my head, I'm thinkin..."damn, brotha sure do look good." Just then, as if she was reading my mind...she told him, "you sure do look nice today. then again, you look nice every day. your mother taught you well." he chuckled an uncomfortable chuckle as he stared at his feet and muttered thank you. Then he assured her saying, "I don't look nice every day. Sometimes I'm a scrub." To which she replies, "well everytime I see you you look nice, and I can tell you enjoy looking nice because you're always trimmed and looking good." At this point, I was somewhere in the corner of the elevator dying of embarrasment. Luckily, the elevator doors opened and the blushed black guy left.

After which, the older lady turns to me and says, "i think I embarrassed him." Uh, yah...u think? Then she said,"but that's okay, I'm old. If I were young, he woulda thought I was flirting with him." News flash, I think he thought you were flirting anyway.
But, I gotta give props to the ballsy lady who spoke her mind. The fine brotha will remember her more than the girl in subfusc colors cowering in the back corner of the elevator.

3 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

aww, i think it's sweet that the lady said anything at all! I mean it might be embarassing, but sometimes one nice comment can make your whole day:)

Anonymous said...

Gurl deezam, how am i this fine that old granny got holla at me yo??? I wish a black sistah like yo'self would have said hey!!!!!

kovoor36 said...

yeah, i prefer the old man nice comments over some young guy that thinks he's too cool for school anyday. the older guys, it just sweet, the younger guys is mainly just gross!