Thursday, November 10, 2005

=/

laudable \LAW-duh-bul\, adjective:
Worthy of praise; commendable.

I didn't give a laudable performance on my phone interview today.

Well folks...I had a phone interview today. Except I didn't know it was going to be a phone interview. So, I freaked out because I sit out in the open where everyone and their mothers can hear what I say on the phone. So, if I had known the lady was going to do a phone interview, I would have waited till I was at lunch in the comfort of my office, the CRV to talk to her! So, she asked me questions, and I nervously replied. But, it was worse than that. I had 50 second pauses between words where I was trying to remember the English word for ORGANIZATIONS! oh my goodness...talk about SCREWING UP! Now, the next step is an in person interview...if I make that far, it will truly be God's grace and nothing else. It's hard to think about anything else other than my non-laudable performance this morning. =( But, as the good word says..."if God is for you who can be against you?" So, I'm just praying that the good Lord is for me!

Ok, let's talk about something else, shall we? So we can get my mind off my non-laudable performance. I was thinking about how much "stuff" I do in the car besides drive. Normal people juggle driving and talking on their cell phones. That's not so much of a challenge and still relatively safe. But me? I'm a total multi-tasker. I put on make up and drive, read and drive, and eat cereal and drive. Let me tell you, i love those bowls with the straws attached. I know theyr'e for kids...but they come in handy when you're driving and eating cereal. That way you don't have to tilt the bowl and cover your eyes when trying to drink milk.

ok guys, this isn't working. i'm still thinking about...u know what. =/ I have to get out of my current situation. It's so bad that "Hoo" the BC's groundskeeper has noticed that my current state of funk is a serious one. He called me this morning and said, "Hootie, when you go off to the Bahamas, you need to think long and hard about what you want to do. I don't want you to come back and sound as bad as you do now. You only have 2 good days in a week and the rest of the days you sound like hell."

Pray for me, folks.

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

you eat cereal and drive???? i dont think thats very smart!!! but dont worry, im sure you will get the real interview and shine!!:)

DM said...

Susan,

Good luck to you. I'll be cheering you on. You'll do just fine.

BTW, i'll do a character profile shortly.