Monday, November 07, 2005

propitious \pruh-PISH-uhs\, adjective:
1. Presenting favorable circumstances or conditions.
2. Favorably inclined; gracious; benevolent
Sentence: I hope this will be a propitious week for me.

Monday again. It comes so fast. I have a lot to look forward to this month, however my work woes are getting the best of me. On Friday, I was walking out of work with this lady, and as soon as our feet hit the pavement of the parking lot, she jumped as high as her 4 foot 5 inch self could jump and yelled, "Yesssssssssss, it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She's been here for 26 years. It was a horrifying thought to me. Living like this day in and day out for weeks, months, years. I shudder to think about 26 years.

Anyway, so as I was saying...I have lots to look forward to if I could just get past my current situation. BF comes to town on Friday. We are going to try out a posh, new cafe in the art district here in OKC..where we will be sporting all the cute "New York-ish" clothes we bought on our visit to the Big Apple. ;)

Then, next week...I'm Bahamas Bound!!!! I'm so excited despite the news of the recent pirate attack on one of the sister ships of the carnival cruiselines. I figure we'll be sailing on US waters, so I should be farely safe from pirates. I can't believe pirates still exist. I wonder if they are the "others" on the island in Lost. Hmmm...I wonder what pirates look like. Not that I'd like to run into one and find out.

Thennnnnnnn....it's Thanksgiving. Typically Thanksgiving is farely boring because I never go anywhere, and God knows no one comes to Oklahoma. But this Thanksgiving, the maternal unit will be visiting my sister. This means, I have the house to myself for an entire week! Yee to the Haw! I will be hosting a little pre-thanksgiving feast for all the friends Wednesday night. And then Thursday, I'm headed south for a Thanksgiving with CCL and gang. After which, I will be driving to Houston to see my namesake cousin and the new baby, as well as my cousin on my mom's side who I haven't seen in a good 12 years. Wow!

Yes, exciting times are ahead...if only I could be excited about them!

4 comments:

kovoor36 said...

it does sound like you have an exciting month planned!! get excited!! i wish i had good things planned! tell sonia i said hi:)

Anonymous said...

sue i'm jealous:) gosh november w/you sounds fun...maybe i should hop along on that cruise:)

Anonymous said...

PIRATES!! no wayyy...wow i have to go internet hunting for that story asap. arrrr

Anonymous said...

Argghhhh, We look forward to makin' ye walk the plank, you scurvy ridden cantelope!!!!!!!