Friday, November 04, 2005

dapple \DAP-uhl\, noun:
1. A small contrasting spot or blotch.
2. A mottled appearance, especially of the coat of an animal (as a horse).

Sentence: I have a dapple on my forehead from when I ran into the wall as a kid.

It's Friday. And in 7 hours, I can rejoice. Till then, I will just keep praying that I can survive the day.

I don't have many shout outz this week...

To God for getting me through yet another week of the rat race.
To DM for being able to fly all the way to India in first class because he's officially a business man now.

And that ends my shout outs for the week. Last night on the way home, I listened to this radio dj tell this story about how he was in an elevator and sneezed and a fart popped out also, and he was completely mortified. Then all these callers were talking about embarrassing situations. So, I thought I would share my own...and a few others.

My most embarrassing situation is when I visited the Mar Thoma Church in Chicago several years ago. I went to the bathroom and came out, walked all the way up the stairs, through the sanctuary, sat down in a pew, and stood during various times in the service. Finally, when I was about to leave...this kid comes up to me and says..."your dress is stuck." Sure enough, the bottom of my dress was stuck in the waist band of my hose. In other words, I was flashing the entire church! I was mortified and haven't been back to Chicago since!

Here's another funny one...my friend Sheryl being the dope that she is was boarding a plane one day. The hostess stretched out her hand toward Sheryl (for the ticket) and Sheryl shook her hand. Then the hostess said, "uhh, I need your ticket." I witnessed the entire thing...and thought "what a moron!" When I tried to call her out on her moronic behavior, she insisted that she shook the lady's hand on purpose in order to be funny. (whatev!)

My other friend...who will remain nameless for this story...did an equally moronic thing. It was at a hotel in houston. I was pretty pissed off about something, and in order to relieve my stress, she suggested that we go chillax in the sauna. When we got there, I decided it was way too hot. But she jumped in. There were a few guys already in the sauna. So it was her, 3 guys, and my feet. (no comment Sheryl) I was wondering why the guys were staring at her hypnotized for some reason. But, suddenly it made sense to me when one guy floated over to her and said "you might want to stay under water because we can see through your shirt." Needless to say, my brilliant friend had worn a white tee with no bra! aaaaaaaaaahahah...

Got an embarrassing story?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're dead meat for posting 'my' embarrassing moment!! =)

Anonymous said...

man, that was a wurth! i'll never forget that day...if anyone wants to know who that anonymous person is, please send a check payable to Sheryl James, and i shall provide u with the information :)

Anonymous said...

hahah sue i had no clue that happened to you in chicago!:) im' sure no one remembers, now come back!