Thursday, March 08, 2007

Assignment #2

For the person who suggested I share the assignment from the writer's group on my blog...Here you go...

Do you ever watch or read a story in the news and wonder what makes people do the things they do? Your assignment is to pick a news story from the past 30 days....pick a particular person who made the news and use them as the main character in your story. Your story should include an explanation as to what caused the person to do the news-making thing that they did. You can be as creative as you want to be with your explanation. Make sense?? Enjoy...

Billy and I can't meet today, but I trust that we'll both be working on our assignment from our respective homes. I'm still anxiously awaiting his story from last week. I haven't critiqued in a long time. I keep telling Billy that it's really important that we say more than "that was good" because the feedback is really essential to help us get better. If any of you out in the blogosphere have actually written something for last week's assignment or plan on writing for this week's assignment and would like us to read and critique...please do send it my way... suevarghese@gmail.com. I'd love to read it.

In other news, I am wondering about Sanjaya's fate today on American Idol. I hope that America has not voted to keep this kid in. It's time to put him out of his misery. I think that he has the potential to be a good singer, but he lacks confidence right now to do any better. Who could blame him? He gets slaughtered by Simon every week. It's tough to put yourself out their to get publically judged. I heard someone on the radio say she couldn't stand the fact that he smiled all the time and that it creeped her out. People are so mean. =(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he does have a rather huge smile...and i think the only reason he's still in it is bc all the indians in america are voting for him..:/
i thought his sister was better..she sounded like norah jones

Anonymous said...

am i the only person in the world who doesnt watch american idol?? and where are you getting these assignments from?? liek are you signed up for a class? im a lil lost.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy Melinda Doolittle. I'm not sure why they even put Sanjaya through, his voice is as thin as his body. But kudos to him for putting up with this tragic mess.