Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Conversation points & wedding deets...

Books and movies are always good conversation points. I can sorta hold my own on book convos because I've read so many in my past. However, the course combination of Russian Lit, Spanish Lit, and Fitzgerald all in one semester caused an irreparable burnout of sorts. I'm trying my derndest to get back in the groove of reading again. I picked up a book on sale from B&N the other month. I'm a sucker for books by Indian authors, so when it was on sale, I simply couldn't resist. It's called "The Village Bride of Beverly Hills." Never has it taken me so long to get through a book. It lacks realism. But, I have this rule that I can't start reading a new book until I finish the one I'm currently reading...no matter how badly it sucks.

One conversation I can't partake in is movie convos. I haven't seen any of the must sees, classics, or most-talked abouts. I joined netflix last summer and have only managed to see 4 movies because my mom threw away the cover and I couldn't figure out how to send it back. When I finally figured that out...It disappeared during my move. Now I've finally gotten it straightened out...and I had a consultation with my cousin Benjamin, who advised me of every movie I must see. I think I'm set for the next 2 years.

In other news...one bridesmaid outfit has been completed. matt says the colors are rose and mango. uh, MY colors are hot pink and yellow...which sounds nothing like rose and mango. matt says mango is yellow like a banana. then why don't they call it banana?? i'm crossing my fingers that it's right...we shall see! Invites will be ordered today...which means, I'm well on my way!

3 comments:

happy roy said...

mango is one of my wedding colors too! but i don't think mango is like banana. mango is like tangerine, a light, warm orange.

can't wait to see your wedding details unfold! i'm currently trying to figure out what types of awesome attendant gifts i can afford. i'm thinking a combination of personalized stuff that each person would enjoy and something the same that every bridesmaid would get. i'm normally a good gift-giver tho so i've put too much pressure on myself to come up with the best gift ever!

Scorps1027 said...

yeah i don't htink mango is yellow-ish..although i have seen like 4 colors on an actual mango fruit. but i will trust matt's guy interpretation of that color and it probably is hot pink & yellow. fret not...(atleast not yet). i read the village bride of beverly hills. total beach read, i thought. unrealistic but fun. you should pick up cinnamon gardens, soon. i had the same problems the first time with netflix. i needed a tutorial!

kovoor36 said...

mango is defly a hot color this season! i know alot of people using it this year. i cant wait to see the final bm outfit and the invites! woohoo!