Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Power Failure...

American Idol. Is it just me who thinks Blake Lewis is the bomb.com? He's just a cool kat. He reminds me of my cousin Abe...I think they look alike and have the same facial expressions....oh and, of course, the cool factor. ;)

Sloppy joes....I used to hate them as a kid. I hated anything that made bread soggy...like French toast. Now, I can't get enough sloppy joes. Billy got me started on it. After helping me move in to my apartment, I cooked dinner for him and Val...They requested sloppy joes, and I've been hooked ever since. I think I could eat them every day. But don't worry, I don't...just every week. ;)

Speaking of Billy...for one glorious week, I had complete control over his annoying behavior. You see, he is a groomsman for the wedding, and he's VERY excited about this position. Seeing his joy, I realized I suddenly had complete power over him. So, I put him on a point system...similar to 3 strikes and your out. Every time he annoyed me with one of his annoying comments, I gave him a point, and warned after 3 he'd be ousted from the wedding. He quickly shaped up in fear of losing his position.

Things were going well...I finally had him in check. But then yesterday, I made a grave mistake. I asked Derrick to be the head usher after realizing he had the same passion for excel spreadsheets and task lists. It wasn't long after that I got the following ridiculous email from him:

Sue, since you are doing things that are unique for your wedding, I had an idea. Instead of a wedding gown, can you wear a sleeveless tuxedo with a bow tie? Your wedding would definitely stand apart from all others ever witnessed. We can go to Tuxedo Junction tomorrow and get you measured. What is your schedule like?

To which I responded:
ok, derrick...u have forced me to place u on the same point system that billy is on. see, everything you say or do that i deem as bad behavior gets a point. in a 24 hour span, you are allowed 3 points. after 3 points, you are officially KICKED OUT of the wedding.
at 8 am, your points are reset to 0. i determine what is considered bad behavior. i determine what is worth how much, and since i waited 32 years to be a bride, i am allowed to be completely unreasonable. =) (which means, if u say hi and have a goofy look on your face...i can decide that it earns you a point) just so you know, your little tuxedo idea just earned you 2 points. you only got 1 more to go...so i suggest you tread carefully. =)

I should have known better to put both of these two on the same point system. Suddenly my plan that worked so well for a week backfired in my face. Apparently they put their twisted little minds together to stop my plan of action...by creating the star system. If I earned 3 stars in a day...I'm am no longer allowed to see or hang out with Val, Landon, Julie, Angelina, or baby Alexis!! I should've known better than to try to combat those two DARK forces of evil!!

My plan has been thwarted, however so has there's. I got Billy to declare yesterday that all systems are off...no points, no stars...we'll try to behave like normal humans for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, thats funny!! at least they will make this planning fun!!:)

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I don't know what else to say other than 'my sincerest apologies'