Thursday, March 22, 2007

Whaddaya know?

Here's a few lingering questions I have in my head this morning that are really bothering me....

Why are the membranes (or whatever they're called) on grapefruit so incredibly bitter? I have to completely dissect a grapefruit before eating it. Sometimes I feel too lazy to do all the work necessary to eat one...but that's not good considering I've basically got a whole orchard sitting in my fridge.

Why does time go by faster the older you get? The other day I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that March will be over next week. Didn't it just start last week? How is that it takes so long to get through an 8 hour work day...but the days, weeks, months are totally flying by?

Why do apartments make such a big fuss about pet owners who don't pick up dog crap, but seem to have no problem with the fact that there is trash strewn out in front of the building? Thankfully...this building isn't the one I live in. But, I still find it unsightly when I walk by. It's like the entire contents of someone's bathroom trash is all over the lawn. disgusting.

Why are seasons so off-kilter in Oklahoma? For instance...winter is from October-February...spring is from March to the end of May. Summer is from June to the middle of September, which leaves fall as our shortest season...from September to mid October.

Why is the divorce rate the highest in Oklahoma out of all the 50 United States? (50%) Is it because it's so boring here that couples have nothing to do but argue? Is it because there is minimal growth potential therefore minimal earning potential, so couples argue about money?

Those are the burning questions for this morning....If you have answers to any or all of these questions. Please free to click on the link below!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sue..i was thinking the same thing about time flying by..i cant believe its almost april!!
i feel like life is just passing by and all i do is work work work!!!

kovoor36 said...

isnt the divorce rate 50% all over the country?? i could have sworn i read somewhere 1 in 2 marriages fail.... horrible odds, huh?