Friday, February 19, 2016

Flashback Friday...

So, now that I have too much time on my hands...one way I entertain myself is to go back and look at old blog posts.  Some posts make me laugh, others make me cringe, and some are down right depressing.  I did find a few pictures that I loved and wanted to re-share...and what better day to do it than on a Flashback Friday!
I think this one might be my favorite.  This is a very preggo BF.  At the time, we both lived in FL and Dains and I used to go  to scenic places and take pics. BF used to follow us around without complaint...even though it was really hot!  I just happened to catch her taking a breather!  It was the best shot I got that day!
me and Sunu...2007...watch night service at church.  It was the last one I've ever been to and I'm sure she's been to quite a few since.  I miss ringing in the New Year with her...spending weekends with her...being each other plus one's to social events.  Why does Kuwait have to be so far away?
Me and the cuzzies...circa 1991  I think I was pissed at CCL and Suetee because I didn't get the matching dresses memo.
3 of my favorite people...I wish I could shrink Aaron back to this size!!
CCL's daughter, Lauren...(Lola)  She's a big girl now...but she was one of the most adorable babies ever!
Andrew and Mousse when they were both babies...They're definitely on the adorable babies list with Lola
My original crew...missing a few.  I've always had amazing friends...They dubbed this day "Sue day"...they just thought I needed to feel special...so we spent the entire day doing things I loved to do...we went to an art museum, did manis and pedis, and had dinner.  It was one of my most memorable days!
oh Dains...where do I begin?  When BF & Dains first got together...I was leery.  He belonged to the opposing gang...the VC...a group of guys who have been a thorn in my posterior for decades.  Then they got married, and well...he grew on me.  Yesterday someone said that Dains seems like a great guy...and I laughed....and said "sometimes."  Other times he's anal retentive and annoying.  I just so happened to find a post where I wrote about a conversation between me and Dains...which describes anal retentive and annoying quite perfectly.  See below....
The following is an IM conversation between me and Dains that I happened to copy into a blogpost...this was back in the days of AOL instant messenger:
D: aight peace beasts, like sunu k would say
S: later gator
D: you're supposed to say after a while crocodile first...so now we have to start all over
S: okay...sheesh go.
D:aight peace beasts, like sunu k would say
S: after a while crocodile
D: oh no oh no...u're right. it's later gator first.
S: damn it. i told u.
D: so now we have to start over
s: fine, damn it.
D: peace beasts, like sunu k would say
s: later gator
D: after a while crocodile
s: okie dokie artichokes
d: wait...wait...no i'm right...it's after a while crocodile first.  
s: damn it! make up your mind. i'm just gonna sign off
d: no no, get it right. u have to practice
s: practice for what???????? a performance?
d: u just need to learn to do it right...so one more time
s:fine, damn it...go
d: peace beast
**************meanwhile my phone rings. it's sonia*************
SM: sue? (laughing hysterically)
SV: what bf? why are u laughing (i sound irritated cuz dains is driving me crazy)
SM: he's laughing. he's doing it on purpose to make u nuts. he fell off the couch laughing...just stopp…stoppppp.

And there you have it folks...anal retentive and annoying!
Speaking of old posts and funny conversations...here's one between me and BF's mom that had me chuckling too!  Too preface this story...She used to always make cakes at her house and never put frosting on them.  It used to literally drive me insane!!!

Sue: I'm not going to make that cake unless you have frosting for it. Do you have frosting for that cake?
Sandy: I have vaneela
Sue: vanilla?
Sandy: Yah Vaneela
Sue: You're making vanilla sound like a Malayalee girl.
Sandy: *laughing*

Ahhhh...I found some treasures today, guys.  They're treasures to me anyway!  Among the treasures were some short stories...that I will repost on future Flashback Fridays!!!





No comments: