Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Weekend...Htown Style

So, I'm not sure how many people know this about me but I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY!!!  For many years, I tried to convince myself and everyone else that I hated it...but, come on...hearts, all things red and every shade of pink, and syrupy sweet sentiments???  What's not to love???  I was super disappointed that I didn't get to go home in time for Valentine's Day.  I had planned to make valentines for the patients in the chemo clinic with my Cricut Cutter.  Instead, I made chocolate covered strawberries for A&B and enjoyed a cuzzie filled Valentine weekend!

Friday I went to my cousin's ranch and spent most of the day there...They breed bison and american standard bull dogs and lots of fish.  I was pretty intrigued by all of it.  As much as I love the city...I love me some country living too.  I secretly wish I was the Pioneer Woman.  The only thing that creeps me out about country living are the unwanted critters like snakes and mice and anything else that scurries and slithers.
My uncles and aunts fishing!  They caught an unreal amount of fish but they just couldn't stop wouldn't stop fishing
They caught 15 catfish that were 10 pounds each.  Do the math...that's a lot of pounds of catfish!
A cute wittle American Standard puppy...only problem is they don't stay so little.
They even have a deer named Bambi that found it's way to the ranch and now refuses to leave.  He actually comes real close to you and let's you pet him!! 
The beautiful gazebo on the ranch...the wedding planner in me immediately thought it would be such a beautiful spot for a wedding!
Ansley and Sue squared...
Me and Mr. Bison.  He was pretty gross...slobbered a lot and his nose was running like a faucet and he had no problem

After a fun-filled day at the ranch, my Friday was topped off with the ultimate treat!  Htown came to Htown.  I'm pretty sure I've made it abundantly clear to the blogosphere that I have some of the most amazing friends ever!!  But in case you had any doubts...let me go ahead and clarify. Thursday my world was turned upside down once again when I discovered I have to be away from home for at least another month. Htown and chocolate chip quickly went to my house, packed my clothes, laptop, favorite blanket, and other essentials and loaded up my car...and Htown drove my car to me!  My frenemy delivered a refill of dog food to my mom for Mousse. And so many of them have offered to come spend time with me while I'm in Houston and take care of things at home for me while I'm gone.  Sometimes I wonder how and why I've been so blessed with the absolute best!  

Saturday I had to get things in gear and look for a place to stay here.  Although A&B are amazing roommates and have made me feel so welcomed and taken great care of me....dealing with a cancer patient during chemo/radiation is a little bit too much for anyone to have to deal with.  I decided to find some temporary housing near the med center.  These places aren't easy to come by because MD Anderson and other hospitals in the area have people coming in from all over the world.  While Ansley and I were driving to the area to go look at places, I just prayed that God would open the doors for me to find a good, safe, convenient place for me that wouldn't be too far from the med center.  And he did...I found a place and should be able to move in fairly quickly!  I celebrated the good news by being the fifth wheel on a double date with my cousins Mikey & Jessy and their friends. Just the first of my many Valentine's outings with my cuzzies.

Sunday, Ansley and I went to church and  had a lovely Valentine's brunch...probably the first time in a very long time that I actually cleaned my plate.  It's tradition for me to wear all black for Valentine's day.  It goes back to my days when I tried to convince everyone I hated the holiday.  But now that the truth that I love it is out I always wear a splash of color....Red accessories. Don't worry I don't have diseased legs...This year's ensemble (all black shorts romper) was replete with polkadot tights.  It's official...I'm polkadot obsessed!!  But true to Sue form...I wore my tights inside out.  (At least this time it was just my tights...I've worn pants, shirts, and sweaters inside out on the regular.)

I ended Valentine weekend with a lovely dinner with my namesake and her family!  Overall, I had a great weekend!  I feel so blessed to be loved by extraordinary people who do so much and care so much for me.  Every day I'm blown away by their kindness and generosity.  To all my loves...Happy Valentine's Day! 







No comments: