Thursday, February 11, 2016

Unexpected turn of events...

 For the first time since this entire cancer thing started I feel alone in the process. From the beginning I was clearly able to see how God was making a way for me and now things aren't so crystal clear. Today I met with the surgeon and everything he told me left me feeling like I had just gotten sucker punched. I have one more test scheduled for Monday and after that they want me to stay in town for 5 more weeks to do more chemo and radiation before surgery. I thought I was going to get to go home Saturday. That's what I get for thinking. So now there are lots of things to do! I have to find temporary housing in Houston and mentally prepare myself for 5 more weeks of chemo and radiation. I can't clearly see that God is with me because this is definitely not the outcome I had wanted but I know that I have to have faith that he's still there. In my heart I know there's no way He would bring me this far only to abandon me now.

While I'm stuck here...there's one guy who keeps a smile on my face and that's Milo!! Ansley's sweet dog! He makes me not be horribly sad without Mousse! Milo showers me with kisses and is the worlds best cuddle buddy! I call him mr. Luva  luva because he's such an affectionate little puppy!!

Milo sleeping under the covers in. His tent!

No more pictures please!!

I'm really greatful for him and my other two temporary roommates...A&B! We have had great conversations, they give me much needed hugs, and make sure I relax with amazing bubble baths! So one must wonder why I want to go back to OKC so badly when I have such great roommates here?? Well ...I think Dorothy said it best...there's no place like home!!

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

I love you and am still praying for you through the turn of events. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you around your home or anything while you are away! <3