Thursday, February 04, 2016

Weekend in Houston....


The weekend in Houston has been full of hustle and bustle! Pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to do much of anything if I was still attached to Charlotte! Life without her has been amazing! I always tell Ansley that I'm going to take a quick shower and then I end up basking in the glory of being free of tubes! I got to spend lots of time with the family the past few days...we did a little shopping on Friday... I was able to find a book of 500 writing prompts!...which will keep me busy for the next 500 days!! Saturday A&B took me wig shopping. I actually found one that was a lot like my real hair! We all really liked it but there was just a few minor problems....#1 it was THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! #2 I was informed this week that I have a "large melon head" amd apparently it's true because the wig felt like it was squeezing my brains out of my head! I can't imagine how it would feel wearing it on the regular!! So I thanked A&B for taking me out to explore my options but I am officially ending my wig search! It's just not for me... The slouchy beanie will get me through the winter and then when it gets warmer I'll create some kind of amazing alternative! I also got to watch my nephew, Andrew play in his basketball game Saturday! His team is undefeated and theyre all so good and pretty adorable!

After the game we spent the rest of the afternoon prom dress shopping for Marissa! I'm not sure how it's possibly time for that baby girl to be going to prom or graduating high school! But I'm glad I was able to go do some preliminary shopping with her...since I can't be here to do her hair and makeup and accessorize her!! It was nice to be able to be with the kiddos in their environment and spend time with them!

The remainder of the weekend was spent  making the rounds to see moms side of the family! And tomorrow I get to see more cuzzies so being stuck in Houston worked out after all! Ps....I have an appointment with the surgeon on Thursday! So hopefully I'll be back in OKC by the weekend!

Prayer request: my cousins son, Daniel was diagnosed with Leukemia just a few weeks before my diagnosis. He's only six and has three years of chemo ahead of him. He's doing really well but it's a long road ahead...please keep him in your prayers...that God will continue to strengthen his little body...

1 comment:

cookiemonsta said...

Praying for Daniel. Sigh

You look good sue. Xoxo