Sunday, February 21, 2016

My first weekend visitor...

My first weekend visitor came into town Saturday afternoon...Ironically, she was the first person to come stay with me after my first round of chemo too...andddd even more ironic is that she was my first friend in Okc and first Indian friend in life.  Wow, that's a lot of firsts Sheb!  Luckily this visit I was feeling a lot better than when she saw me a few months ago!  We got to go out and about in Houston and enjoy our time together.

The first stop was my nephew, Andrew's playoff game.  His team was undefeated, not bad for a team comprised of pretty small Asian kids.  I love to watch Andrew play because he's really good and super passionate about it!
Sadly he played the championship game the next day and his team lost.  I wasn't able to watch him play because I had visitors coming to see me.  Which...I'm pretty glad because he was broken hearted, and I don't think I could have handled watching that.
After the game, we girls went and did a little shopping.  Ansleykins is celebrating a birthday this week and is having a fancy pants birthday dinner.  So we have to make sure the girl gets all dolled up for next weekends festivities. Missa got to come with us since we were in her neck of the woods.  It's really so nice to be able to see their faces more these days!

Me, Missa, and boba smoothies!
Dinner with Sheb and Ansley
So, after viewing the above pictures...I realized something.  I hate wearing these damn beanies.  First of all, it was like 80 degrees this weekend.  My head gets hot real quick.  Secondly, they are looking more and more ridiculous to me.  I'm growing just enough hair on my head to kind of give me some fuzz to comb to the side.  Ansley's been encouraging me to just go hat free.  I haven't built up the courage to go hat free to anywhere except the hospital.  I've realized I keep the hat on because I feel like it will make other people sad...especially kids.  But the beanies are becoming increasingly uncomfortable...so this weekend I'm going to attempt to go hatless to Ansley's fancy pants birthday dinner!  In order to accomplish that goal, I realized I need to do something first....post my first bald selfie on my blog.  I figure if I can post a pic on the world wide web with out my hat, I can surely walk out into the world with out my hat.  So for the first time on my blog.....
SueVee...hat free.
I've heard I look like a cute turtle...GI Jane...someone on Orange is the New Black.  Lez be honest... What do you think?
PS:  Prayer Request....tomorrow I have a consult with the Radiologist.  Please pray that i will have some answers as to when Radiation and Chemo start!  I need to get this show on the road so I can get back to oklaHOMEa!!

4 comments:

ansley said...

Beautiful. :)

#wheresyourshank?

shebamm said...

Lol...yup, alot of firsts! (Including my first *lift* this weekend) <3

ansley said...

I laughed out loud in my office reading this comment! Hahah!

Binz said...

You look beautiful :)