Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My home away from home...

It's funny...a few months ago when my cancer buddy told me he got an apartment in Houston so he could do treatment at MDA...I never thought it was something I would have to do.  But here I am...in my apartment in Houston.  I moved in and tonight's my first night here.  I don't suspect I'll venture out alone too much.  A.  I will probably not feel well enough.  B.  The thought of driving in this city is terrifying.  However, this seems to be a great part of town and there's the beautiful Herman Park right across the street.  The best part is that the hospital is only 6 minutes away...which I think I can handle.  And if I can't, there's a shuttle that will take me to and from.  The apartment is fully furnished and really convenient, but it's super quiet.  I feel really weird not having a dog around.  I miss Mousse so much that I tear up every time I think or talk about her.  Milo was a great distraction...but now I have no furry friends around and it just doesn't feel right.  I've had a few requests for pictures of the new abode...

dining room
living room that opens out to a nice patio
bedroom with patio access 
my little writer's nook-where the blogging magic happens

So there you have it folks...my home for the next few weeks.  All that's missing is a craft room!  A&B were kind enough to help me move my stuff in, grocery shop, and get me settled.  I miss them already but I know they're near and will check in on me often.
A&B...and SC
I'm looking forward to my family and friends to come stay with me because the silence in here will become deafening soon.  Sometimes it's all so surreal... I can't believe I'm here in Houston.  I can't believe I haven't been to work since Thanksgiving.  And I definitely can't believe I have cancer.  

No comments: