Monday, February 21, 2005

Do you believe in destiny?

I spent most of last night watching a dreadful Hindi film at a friend's house. As usual, it was way long and pretty much a waste of 3 hours of my life that I can never get back. Minus the singing and dancing and cheesy deluxe romance, however...the movie did propose an interesting question. Do you believe in destiny? I asked the girls as we watched it, and 2 out of the 4 of us said yes. At certain points in my life I would have said DEFINITELY YES...and now as I kinda meander through the cosmos trying to figure what the heck I'm here for and what the heck I should be doing...I'm kinda thinkin...I GOT NO CLUE ABOUT DESTINY. But, I guess I'm dwelling too much on the word, which is only a romanticized word for "God's plans, path, providence.." and I definitely believe in that. I think to believe in destiny is to have hope and faith...and with out hope and faith...there's not much left to life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do =)
I believe in the whole "everything happens for a reason" crap as well..
Sometimes it hurts like hell but you learn from it! You might not realize it today... but you will in due time.