Thursday, February 10, 2005

A TESTIMONIAL OF GOD'S GOODNESS...

I've known *T* for about three years now,and I feel that knowing her has allowed me to see what God can do if you LET Him do it. *T* has come a long way from when I first met her. At that time, she and her son were living in a shelter for abused women and children. She was struggling to move out of the shelter, find a safe place to raise her son, and be her own person with out the monster that she married. While listening to the story of her struggles, I often wondered how something so terrible could happen to someone so undeserving. Throughout the past three years, I've seen T gain her independence back...I've also seen her try to find love. Sometimes it seemed hopeless. She started finally going back to church, devoting herself to Christ...and she finally found the right man. They're getting married and buying a home. She's completely different from the T I met three years ago. But, when she told me her good news...I praised God. She let Him take control of her life...and He showed her what He could do with it...how much He could change it. I thought instantly of the story of Esther...a poor orphaned girl...who became queen. As depressed as life makes me at times...as dicouraging as it can be...inside I dream of being Esther one day... And T's story made me realize how possible that is.

No comments: