Thursday, February 03, 2005

Will Work for.....

In one day, I applied to five jobs in various locations in the U.S. I took the time out to write out cover letters separately for each job, instead of one generic one for all of them. I await anxiously for a glimmer of hope. At minimum, an email reply would be nice. "Dear Ms. Varghese, we got your resume and frankly, we think you suck. Keep dreaming if you think you're going to land a job with us." At least a hateful email like that would let me know that indeed my email did go to the right place....that it's not actually lost in the black abyss...swimming in cyberspace. Looking for jobs can leave you with the most hopeless feeling. I would just stop looking, be happy with my crappy paying job in cow-town Oklahoma, and continue assisting BC....but I know I'm meant for more than that. I listened to Pastor Joel Osteen speak last Sunday. I wasn't going to watch the show...cuz these days I sleep at 9 pm, and waiting up till 10:30 seemed unbearable to me. But SunuA convinced me to do so. I was glad I did because he discussed "Your God-given Purpose." And I realized that working in the office of BC isn't my God-given Purpose....the more he talked the more I realized that I have to pursue what I really want to do...or else I'm never gonna feel content. I'm so tired of dreading the week days and praying for Friday evenings at 4:45 to come sooooooooon. I know there are a lot of people who are rowin' the same boat as me. So, all I can say is...keep on keepin on, guys. Just look at Jamie Foxx...from Booty Call to oscar nomination for Ray... This shall be us too some day...we just gotta pay our dues!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Joel Osteen.
~cookie