Sunday, February 27, 2005

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Sonia and Me Posted by Hello


I remember when I found out Sonia was moving to NJ after her wedding...I didn't think I could survive it. We spent every day together...car pooling to work, meeting up for lunch, then hanging out in the evenings as we planned for the wedding or just kicked back and relaxed. But thanks to a few visits to NJ and daily phone calls...I did survive. When she came back, I was so elated. This time around things were different...we haven't seen each other daily due to her school and my work...and her splitting her time between her inlaws, parents, church, work, etc...But despite that fact, it was still comforting to me to know that she was HERE...that we could talk over Johnny Carino's Chocolate Cake...that she'd be here for my birthday...that she could race home after school and watch the Bachelorette with me.

It hit me today like a ton of bricks that I'll only be able to enjoy that comfort for one more month...and she'll be off again to enjoy the palm trees in sunny Florida. I know there'll always be homecomings and visits to Florida, but I'm going to miss my BF. Life has taught me that there are very few people in this world that you can trust...who will be there with you for the long haul...and this is why I cherish our friendship.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue.. I truly know how you feel.. She is lucky to have best friend like you!

Scorps1027 said...

A real friendships is a friendship that survives distance. For you and your friend to still be bestest's despite one move to NJ and now another to Orlando, proves that you guys are tried & tested, true blue, through & through friends:)

Anonymous said...

poo...i know exactly what you mean. don't try to make me sad already. i just want to enjoy our last couple of months like there's no tomorrow. i love you so much...even though we don't get to see or talk to each other everyday, you are still my bf...always!!!