Sunday, February 06, 2005

The long road might still be a path to happiness...

I decided to blog tonight for two reasons (despite the fact that I'm tired as all heck)...#1 I have fresh new thoughts on my mind...and #2 I didn't want to dissapoint the one person who reads this blog first thing in the morning as a daily ritual...Yes, that'd be you, Billy. I'm back from Houston now...It was a very insightful trip. Something happened along the journey that I found to be quite symbolic...and spoke to me and made me re-think a few issues I've been having with my own dang self. If you recall, Thursday before I left for the wedding of my cousin Bobby...I had done a special tribute to him on my flog, mentioning that I was the only one left now to be married. Yes...me...Hans SOLO...the LONE ranger...at least that's what' I thought on Thursday. As I was driving to Houston, I got lost along the way...it was frustrating, it was annoying, it was tiring...all i wanted to do was GET THERE! I knew all my cousins were already at the Roce Ceremony...having fun, taking part in the festivities...all with out me. The most frustrating part of the journey was trying to explain to my mother that although we missed 45 to Houston...I could still take 287, go thru Ennis and Corsicana...then get on 45 and still make it to Houston. "There's more than one way to get to a destination," I explained. When we finally got there...I did miss most of the Roce...but you know what? When I saw my cousins...I was so excited...just happy to BE THERE...and thoroughly enjoyed my time. Despite the fact that I did miss some of the ceremony..I still bonded...still spent time with the fam...still had fun. So, that night in the hotel...I thought that this trip was symbolic of my life. My cousins are all already at this "place" in life...I want to get there so bad...and I'm trying to find my way...I've gotten lost along the way...taken an alternate route even...but eventually, I'll meet them at their "place"...it's just a matter of time. And here's what i realized...since i'm going through all this...it just makes the end result all the more sweet and precious. And...since my path is longer...and crazier...I have more stories to tell! =)

1 comment:

suitablegirl said...

hey. more than one person reads you as soon as you post. ;) you're on my bloglines, so i know immediately when you've updated.

:+:

i love the way you think. :)