Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Getting active...

Yep, it's me again...third time's a charm. For weeks I've wanted to blog, but just couldn't remember my sign in. I'm a retard, I know. Anyway, I've decided this year that the best thing to do is get active. This was brought about by a great conversation with my friend *ME* She suggested that I do things to occupy my time, so I wouldn't stop and dwell on things such as, shady people, living in Oklahoma, being single, and my inability to find a job elsewhere. I agree with her. My first step in doing this was joining Project Read. I've started tutoring my student, and it's been really interesting. I have to devote a lot of time thinking about how to help her and creating lesson plans. More than anything, I feel blessed that I did have an education, and I realize how much I've taken it for granted. I have to go back and teach this woman the basics of phonics. When she was in school they stopped teaching phonics and people learned to read by rote memorization. Seeing the word...memorizing it's meaning and how it looked. I can't imagine trying to read that way, and I see how much she struggles with it. It complicates the whole process. But, I'm CONFIDENT of the fact that she WILL learn because she wants it more than anything. And that, has truly inspired me to not give up and keep pursuing my dreams and goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am telling you.. if you change your blog again, i am not reading it! I can't keep up w/ you Suevee.
~cookie