Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Speaking from Sadness...

I don't want to be here. When I say "here" I don't just mean work or Oklahoma...I mean the universe. At this moment, I rather be in some alternate place where I wouldn't have to deal with hurtful people who hide behind the guise of being men/women of God...where there is actually justice and people who do bad are punished and people who do good are rewarded. That place does exist and it is perfect...it is Heaven, and I have a looooooooong way to go before I can get there.

I know there are millions of innocent people every day that suffer...who are subjected to cruelty and haenous acts. Yesterday I read an article in O magazine about women of the Congo...where 90% of the women in those villages are gang raped. Afterwards, they are shunned by their husbands who are often too cowardly to even try to proctect them from these militants who invade their villages. Compared to this, my life is a bed of roses.

But, it makes you wonder...why? Why do these women suffer? Why are kids abused? Why are loved ones snatched away from us by tragic deaths? Why do people you trust stab you in the back? The answer to those why's is that the world is an unjust place. It's not meant to be peaceful or happy...because then we'd never want to leave. Even God's own son had to face cruelty, abuse, and injustice here...and He was perfect. Sometimes that answer doesn't seem like it's "enough." But, I keep telling myself that in this injust world...we have a just God that knows all and sees all...and that people who hurt His children...will face their judgment. With that...I have to find peace.

No comments: