Tuesday, March 01, 2005

How I survive the 9 to 5...

I usually trudge around despairingly all morning until I come to grips with the fact that I HAVE to be at work. But there are a few things that make my weekdays a bit bearable and with out them, I scarcely think I could make it. One is my packet of oatmeal. I realize how bizarre this sounds. But there is something comforting about the warmth and wholesome goodness of oatmeal. Either that, or I have just gone off the deep end. The latter would not surprise me in the least. The second is an email from my friend Billy. As maniacal as this man can be, I don't know what I would do with out his daily rants. When I open up my email in the morning and I don't see his name hilighted as new mail...I panic. Does this mean he's not in? Is his email not working? How will I make it through the day?? I don't think he knows (until now) how much his friendship means to me, although we agree on NOTHING and fight regularly. It's nice to know that I'm not alone...that someone else is sitting behind a computer like a robot...working day in and day out passionlessly. Third, is my daily calls from "Hoo"...better known as BC's property manager. In an office full of stuffy suits...it's nice to take a break and talk to someone real and down to earth. Fourth, is lunchtime...aaah...an hour to be free from the daily grind...to think about things I want to think about...to call people I want to talk to...to read about some other world where monotony doesn't exist...These are the things that get me through till 4:45

I decided that something has to be done...I can't go on hating the weekdays and craving the weekends that speed by before I get a chance to even enjoy it. So, Billy and I...and hopefully a few others have decided to start a writing group. (upon the suggestion of SG's cute fiction writer friend) At least this will give me something to look forward to...It will give me a reason to write (other than my flog/blog). Hopefully this will bring me out of the funk that I've been plagues with for months now...hmmm...perhaps this and an itsy bitsy bite of Johnny Carino's divinely delicious chocolate cake.

3 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

Yay to Sue & Billy!! That is awesome. I wish I was there to join the group. I hope the passion can be re-lit and refired into your lives through this workship.

Scorps1027 said...

oh, btw, what is Johnny Carino's cake?

suitablegirl said...

best of luck with your new endeavor. :) i hope it brings you as much joy as it's given me.