Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I think I've lost me marbles!

Sometimes my own stupidity baffles me. Lately, I've been wondering if I've been sippin on some stupid juice or if I'm battling with senility. I started noticing the problem last Thursday. I came home from work and realized I left a paint swatch in the car. I also realized I left my keys in the car. Then, I went through the house like a mad woman trying to find the spare. Knowing myself, I looked in every WRONG place, such as in old purses, my bathroom drawer, my make up bag (places you wouldn't typically find a spare key). I couldn't find it anywhere, so I decided I'd check the right place, which was a little box on top of a sofa table where I throw my keys. Alas...it was there. Next stupid happening was on Sunday. The local college had an Indian night and asked me if I'd like to sell my books there. I thought I had a bag of books in my car, but they were suddenly gone. I was convinced that theives broke into my car at night and took the books. Then I stopped and thought about why a band of thieves would want to risk jail time for light reading! After I came to my senses, I ransacked the house once again. They were in a small corner of the closet in a box exactly where I had put them 2 weeks prior. Later that night, I stopped off at 7-11 to return a movie I rented the day before. The lady behind the counter opened up the DVD case and said, "Honey, you forgot the movie." Of course I did!! So, I hurried home to get the DVD, got back in the car only to realize NOW the case was missing! I ransacked the house for the millionth time, only to see it laying peacefully on my dresser where I left it. Today, I had two stupid happenings...One occurred at lunch. I went through the drive through at Subway, ordered my sandwich, got to the window, and realized my wallet wasn't in my purse. I canceled the order and decided I needed to go home and find my wallet. So, I drove TWENTY MINUTES to my house and once again, ransacked it looking for my wallet. When it wasn't there I ran back to my car to rummage through the mess in there to find it. Alas, it was on the floor of my car the entire time, so I drove TWENTY MINUTES back to work, wasting my entire lunch hour. Yesterday, I noticed my internet at work wasn't working. I read in an email that they were changing internet usage policies and I was convinced they took away my internet rights. So I sat there all day pouting about this. Today, I decided maybe I oughtta call the help desk and find out what was wrong. Sure enough, I had changed my windows password with out rebooting, thus causing this error.

I have no idea what's wrong with me...I'm losing what few marbles I have left. I'm sure I'll find them later though, after I'm done ransacking my house!

3 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

hahahhaha! i thoroughly enjoyed this, it makes me realize i'm not the only forgetful madwoman in the world. i constantly lose my passport, driver's license, wallet, keys and cellphone.
and btw, no wonder you were so quiet lately on flog/blog you had no access at work. must have been kill you!! did you actually resort to doing real work so you wouldnt' die of boredom? what did ppl do at work to kill time before the invention of the internet? numerous coffee breaks or maybe just talking on the telephone. we live in blessed times!

Anonymous said...

your seven eleven sells videos? your subway has drive through? oh my!

suitablegirl said...

sue, i don't know if you want to read or be reminded of this, but apparently it IS a fxn of our age. i was ranting similarly to a friend who's 35, and he gently told me..."hon, you're not crazy, you're 30."

i ranted harder, "as if 30 is old???"

"it's old enough that stuff slips your mind. trust me."

sigh.