Monday, March 14, 2005

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY....

Twas the day before BONUS and all through the house...the employees were stirring...even the mice!! Tomorrow is bonus pay out day at AFA. I love to see/hear the reaction of my fellow-colleagues. Some dance as soon as the hot little check settles in their hand...others tear it open and gripe that Uncle Sam took 40 % of it. (Isn't that SICK?!) Everyone's been walking around talking about what they're going to do with their bonus check...which has left me with the lingering question...what am I gonna do with mine??

In years past, I have take my bonus and flown out on the first plane to NYC...but this year, I like the idea for saving it, so I won't be strapped for cash later. But, that's a tad boring, so I decided to save the vast MAJORITY of it and take a bite of the pie by buying a bike and maybe a cute spring purse...and some eyeshadow. That's it!..I swear!! I went bike shopping this weekend... I saw the bike of my dreams on Saturday when the Illustrious Finuji and I went shopping. It was bubblegum pink with black and white stripes on the side. My eyes widened in awe and Finu almost fell to the ground laughing hysterically. She said she wouldn't be caught anywhere with me on THAT bike. I had a bike much like that one when I was 7...it was bubble gum pink with a cool white and pink banana seat. Fins thinks I need to seek some sort of professional help...she thinks I have some sort of psychosis that is causing me to re-live my past. Unfortunately, the bike was $200. Fins says it's a total rip off because it doesn't have gears.

So, we went to Walmart...where I found a Huffy for 80$. But, it's baby blue...and not half as cool as bubble gum pink. Fins suggested I get a pink helmet, but of course they don't have any for adults. Why is that??? Is it so hard to imagine a 30 year old with a pink helmet? So far, a few of my friends suggest I get the bike that makes my heart flutter...but, I can't see myself spending that much on something that I'm bound to break.

So this year, I guess I'll "pretend" to be responsible, and save my bonus for a rainy day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooohh here's a thought!
Come to Jess and Ash's wedding in NY =)

Scorps1027 said...

I think a trip to NY is a much better idea!