Wednesday, March 02, 2005

On to bigger and better things...

The new season of America's Top Model begins tonight. Just another show for a reality TV junkie to obsess about. Last night they showed the girls from the last season their past, and what they are doing now.

Most of the girls came from small towns or weren't doing much at that point in their lives. But, modeling was something they dreamed about from a very young age, and they decided it was time to pursue it. A few of their parents were interviewed, and they seemed to be saying the same things..."since she was little she was always in front of a camera, prancing around, singing and dancing." I started thinking about my own life. I can't say that I used to write stories as a child, but I was imaginative. I was the youngest in my family and my brother and sister were 7 and 6 years older than me. They didn't have the time or the energy to entertain me, so I entertained myself with imaginary friends/enemies and an imaginary world. Through out school English was my strong point, the study of literature always fascinated me, and I seemed to be the designated "paper writer" for my group of friends. I just never realized this was my dream until I stumbled upon Creative Writing classes in college. It was then that I realized that I had something that I could call my own...and that I had to pursue it.

Several of the girls from the show, including the girl from Oklahoma City, moved to New York to make their careers happen. They have a crappy apartment in Brooklyn, work odd jobs (dog walker), and pursue their dream. Even if they never make the cover of Vogue...they are living their dream...because if you're not LIVING you're dream...you're not living...just dreaming. Lately I take inspiration from anywhere I can find it...and I found it last night. I'm inspired to keep trying and keep writing. My avid search for a new and IMPROVED publisher begins TODAY. I believe in the potential of my book...and if I can be published once...SURELY I can be published again.

1 comment:

Scorps1027 said...

Half the battle is believing it. The other half is making it happen! You're already 3/4 of the way there, and I think with a nice healthy push from the rest of us, you just may fall the rest of the way into it!!