Friday, March 18, 2005

Scaring away Fobio...

I think I'm on every matrimonial site that exists. Not because I put myself on them, but because my brother has. To say I'm annoyed is the biggest understatement. I have strange guys leaving messages on my website and sending me emails. If I've told my brother once, I've told him a million times that my email was created for PROFESSIONAL purposes and not so every Tom, Dick, and Thumby can see my "photo."

I find that scaring off Fobios has become an extracurricular activity. Not that I do it on purpose, but it's just what naturally happens when I start "corresponding" with them. You think my brother would take a hint, but no... he has made this his passion in life...his sole reason for being.

The situation with the last guy was an interesting scenario. He was orthodox, and I am pentecostal. My family could care less because at this point they just want someone who looks like a male and has a heart beat. He can have a disease I don't know about, be a transvestite, or a serial killer as long as he reveals that AFTER the wedding. Anyway, I told the guy that we have different beliefs about things that I happen to think are important...like baptism. THAT went right over his head. He says to me..."You're a good Christian. That is great. My parents are strict Orthodox." I rolled my eyes. He wasn't getting it. Did I mention anything about his parents? When you get to the gates of Heaven are you gonna say, "Hey God, let me in...I'm Chinama and Joy's mon?" By this time, my brother was planning the wedding. So, I had to email the guy and spell it out for him. I* AM* NOT* INTERESTED*

Now, the latest guy is a doozie. He wrote to me...I wrote him back, trying to be open minded...told him to tell me about himself. He sends me a resume that he was sending to me AND MY BROTHER!!! I wrote him back and said exactly this..."Listen, from here on out, don't write to my brother anymore. It's me that is making this decision. Write back and tell me about yourself...and I don't want to see biodata." Ok, so maybe that was a little rude. Apparently it scared him off...because I've never heard from him again. I can't say that I'm saddened by this fact either.

If there's anything that Friendster and Fotolog have taught me...it's that the Malu world is quite small. You'd think that hook up would be so easy. I mean, surely...if I have 10 friends who have 50...who have 100...then, SOMEONE would know SOMEONE who would be a good match for me. You'd think...right?

Wrong! I am CONVINCED that there are more women than men. Seriously, I know 2 men who are 30+ and single and about 10 women who fit in that same category. It's sick!..I tell ya. When my CCL was pregnant the first time around, there were 4 of her friends who were pregnant too. She had the only boy...do you see that ratio 1:4. OMG! For a non-confrontational, non-competitive girl like me...there is NO HOPE.

2 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

hang in there suevee. if life keeps throwing you these wonderful obstacles, the least you can do as a writer is make these hilarious observations about it all. atleast comedy is coming out of this!

Anonymous said...

Sue.. i agree.. I think there aren't many mallu boys my age either..
there are lot of young ones.. but nope.. NOT MY AGE!